Step 1: Physical checking
1. Check the ONU fiber optic signal (Figure1). If you see a red light on it then turn it off by pushing the black power button, wait 5 seconds, and turn it back on. If the light is still red then the fiber connection may be cut off. Let our helpdesk know by following the instructions at the bottom of this document.
Figure1 - ONU Fiber Optic Equipment
2. If your ONU is hot then restart it by following the instructions in part 1.
3. If your internet is still down and there is no red light on your ONU then check the network cable from the ONU to your wireless router (Figure 2). Make sure it is not loose and it is properly connected.
Figure 2 - ONU and Wireless Router
Step 2: Logical testing
Sample network topology:
Figure 3 - Sample customer network topology
1. Ping from your laptop or any device to router
In Windows, open a DOS terminal by selecting 'run', then type CMD and hit Enter.
Type the following instruction in your DOS terminal and hit Enter: ping 192.168.8.1
Go to item 2 if you receive a response that looks similar to this: 64 bytes from 192.168.8.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=195.601 ms
Go to item 3 if you receive a response that looks similar to this: Request timed out.
2. Ping from your laptop or any device to Google DNS ?
PING 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=0 ttl=59 time=37.520 ms
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=38.952 ms
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=42.172 ms
When you received reply from Google DNS, it would be mean that your internet work as usual. Otherwise, you can need to contact with Helpdesk team for troubleshooting.
3. you need to turn off / on your Wireless router and ONU. then repeat item 1 again, if result the same please contact our Helpdesk.
4. PPPOE Connection, you need to verify your PPPOE account connect or not.
4.1. Login to router
- Open Browser Chrome or Firefox
- Type URL http://192.168.8.1
Figure 4 - Sample Page login for Wireless Router
4.2. Click Status, check PPPOE Account connected or not ?
- Check cycle highlight if not connect, please press button connect.
- In case, you press button can not connect, please contact Helpdesk.
Figure 5 - Status Tap of Wireless Router
Helpdesk channel communications:
1. Tel: 023 or 070 215577
2. Email: email@example.com
3. http://Helpdesk.today.com.kh then fill up the form, we will contact customer back within SLA setting.